Clos du lucquier cuvee-philippe

DOWNLOAD PRODUCT SHEET

PHILIPPE
AOP LANGUEDOC " TERRASSES DU LARZAC "

SOIL: Gravel.

GRAPE VARIETIES: Mourvèdre (45hl/ha), Grenache (45hl/ha), Syrah (45hl/ha), Cinsault (4hl/ha).

VINIFICATION: Destalked harvest, extraction by pumping over and re-circulating the fermenting wine; long fermentation in vats of 3 to 4 weeks.

MATURING: Mourvèdre and Syrah matured in French oak barrels for 14 to 16 months for 85% of the blend, the other 15% are matured in the vat.

TASTING: This purple-hued wine boasts a complex bouquet of mild spices (cinnamon, white pepper), toast, cherries and candied blackcurrant. It is harmonious on the palate whilst dense, supported by a beautiful aromatic freshness (mint and zan). Serve at 16-18°C with veal chops with wild mushrooms or with a traditional rib of beef with Camargue salt.